Tentative Readings and Other Resources
Psychology and Society
in Critical Perspective
Fall 2009 Seminar
York University, Toronto
Required Texts pending class discussion
- Derrick Jensen. (2005). Walking On Water: Reading, Writing and Revolution. White River Junction, VT: Chelsea Green.
- Uri Gordon. (2008). Anarchy Alive! Anti-Authoritarian Politics from Practice to Theory. London: Pluto Press.
- Frances Cherry. (1995). The Stubborn Particulars of Social Psychology: Essays on the Research Process. London: Routledge.
- James S. Coleman. (1982). The Asymmetric Society. Syracuse, NY: Syracuse University Press.
Alternate Texts pending class discussion
- Rosalind Barnett & Caryl Rivers. (2005). Same Difference: How Gender Myths are Hurting Our Relationships, Our Children, and Our Jobs. New York: Basic Books.
- Donald Black. (1980). The Behavior of Law. New York: Academic Press.
- David Graeber. (2007). Possibilities: Essays on Hierarchy, Rebellion, and Desire. Oakland, CA: AK Press.
- Ian Parker. (2007). Revolution in Psychology: Alienation to Emancipation. London: Pluto Press.
- Marshall Sahlins. (2008). The Western Illusion of Human Nature. Chicago: Prickly Paradigm Press.
Articles by Dennis Fox
Potentially Useful Books on Library Reserve (for Papers & Presentations)
Potentially Useful Online Resources
Others added gradually. Perhaps.
up to top